And now the year is over…

The end of the year marks our 6th Christmas in Cornwall. It’s been quite an eventful few years and nothing like I expected it to be. The last two years in and out of lockdowns meant staying at home has been our norm, though this year we did at least manage a short holiday to a neighbouring county. Photos of which can be found on my other blogs: Travel Words and Earth laughs in Flowers.

January in lockdown had me looking at clouds
February was time to visit a spring garden
March was all about shadows and trees

April was enjoying all the spring bulbs I had planted the previous autumn.

May was getting out for a walk in a bluebell wood
June was staying at home as the G7 was held in nearby Carbis Bay and roads were closed – the bonus was watching the Red Arrows perform over St Ives Bay from the top of ‘my’ hill
During July we went out for lunch at nearby Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens and visited the Art Gallery there

In August we managed a trip to Trelissick Gardens to enjoy the summer borders and also for me to focus on photographing shadows.

September saw the return of the fabulous autumn sunsets we get here
…and a walk to the Greenburrow mine – part of the Ding Dong sett. I was still photographing clouds.
Still photographing clouds in October
…as well as a rare visit to a beach on my birthday.

November saw us stay close to home with a walk along the George V Garden in Hayle and a visit to Penzance and the Morab Garden.

Whilst December had us take a pre-Christmas walk on the beach at Marazion where we had the best burger ever from a small café next to the beach with an even better view over the bay.
and one of the most glorious winter sunsets shortly before the Winter Solstice.

I hope you will join me in my Cornish adventures this year.

Lens Artists Photo Challenge #180 | “Favourite Images of the Year”

You can find the corresponding posts published by our hosts here: TinaPattiAnn-Christine, and Amy

1. BeckyB says:

This is a stunning post – such a beautiful look back at 2021. Wonderful 🙂 here’s to a great 2022 for us all

I hope so Becky, I think we’ve all had enough of these interruptions to our lives.

1. BeckyB says:

Here’s to family reunions and friendship adventures in 2022 xx

2. Leya says:

Wishing you and us all a beautiful New Year – better than the last one! You have sent us a joyful and varied selection from your year…and how I love all your clouds. You must get the most wonderful opportunities in a landscape like that – and you really made the most of it – great images! I love your gardens and flowers as always, the ginkgo mix is so lovely. I have so enjoyed your colour theme this year too. I will tag along for sure – 2022 here we come. Cheers!

Thanks Ann-Christine. I guess we’ll just have to make the best of it, whatever happens.

3. sallysmom says:

You are an amazing photographer. All so very lovely.

4. Toonsarah says:

W :)hat an excellent set of photos from your year. Your sky images are especially beautiful, both clouds and sunsets, and I [particularly like the Greenburrow shot with the path drawing us in 🙂

Thank you Sarah, I am happy that my cloud focus worked well. No idea what to focus on this year!

5. JohnRH says:

Great great photos. Beautiful!

Thanks John.

6. Ann Mackay says:

What a glorious summary of your year! Your beautiful photographs are a joy to see. 🙂 Hope you have a great New Year, full of happiness and lots of opportunities to enjoy the landscapes around you.

Thanks Ann. I truly hope that we can venture further this year, but nothing planned yet.

1. Ann Mackay says:

Fingers crossed that we’ll be able to make plans properly fairly soon!

7. What a lovely way to look back at your year. You have captured some beautiful skies.
    Happy New Year Jude.

8. What a lovely retrospective look at the year!

9. Sandra says:

Beautiful, Jude! Here’s to more glorious photography in the coming months. And maybe, just maybe, a better year for us all x

Indeed. 2021 was a tough year for you wasn’t it? I hope you are doing OK.

1. Sandra says:

We’ve just had a few days over new year with all my brood here. First time in over 18 months. It’s done me the power of good 😊 Still many challenges on the parental front but I’m beginning to think maybe I’ll pick up the blog again. Fingers crossed!

That’s nice. Getting all my brood together is impossible, even those who live in the same country! But I am hoping that this year I will be able to see most of them at some point.

10. What a beautiful tribute to 2021 in spite of the pandemic woes. The flower mosaics were such a bright spot of color, so welcome in the midst of our gray winter here. The photo of the bluebell wood is absolutely magical. Wishing you every good thing for the new year!