Bittersweet

Nadelik Lowen! Or to put it in English “MERRY Christmas”.

St Ives – Porthminster Beach in November

To all my fellow bloggers I send you greetings of the season. I thank each and every one of you who takes the time to visit my blog(s) and like / leave a comment. I really do appreciate it. You are what make blogging such fun.

ha Bledhen Nowydh Da – and a happy New Year.

I had to look back at last year’s message to see what I had written then as it was a very unusual Christmas with people having to cancel their trips and visits to family due to going into lockdown, again. I had hoped that by this Christmas we would be over the pandemic, but sadly it is still with us and still causing far too many deaths. Having gone through the traumas of lockdowns and seeing the benefits this had on the planet, I was optimistic that life would improve and people would be less selfish and much more tolerant and kind towards each other and more aware of our impact on nature and the planet .

It seems that Sue (Judd) was right when she commented “Some great sentiments Jude, but sadly the human race is likely to revert to its old ways!

Penlee Park, Penzance, November 2021

Here in Cornwall once the so-called ‘freedom day’ was announced in July we were swamped with more tourists than ever. People stopped wearing masks in supermarkets and towns and beaches were jam-packed with no social distancing so we remained staying at home. Covid cases down here escalated to such an extent that it was the highest place for infections in the country.  Not until October did we feel safe enough to venture out.

‘Cause it’s a bittersweet symphony, that’s life

Do I feel optimistic about next year?

Well, that’s cheered me up, chuck! Feliz Natal!

Safe travels!

At the airport. All quiet so far 🙄💕

2. Great to see this in Cornish. In Welsh: Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda. I wonder what it is in Breton?

I wonder. Welsh and Cornish are very similar.

3. janesmudgeegarden says:

Hello Jude, thank you for your Christmas greetings and I extend the same to you. I have been very lazy recently and haven’t logged or replied to anyone for some weeks. I see the cases of covid are ramping up seriously in the UK as they are here since our govts a week ago decided it wasn’t necessary to wear a mask. They have changed their minds now. I wish I felt as though we are in the hands of people who know what they’re doing.🤔
    I wish you the best of christmases and hope that 2022 will be better for everyone.
    I do enjoy your posts even though I haven’t commented.

Thanks Jane. I think we’re all finding life difficult at the moment, I certainly have no energy and spend all my time at home. I really need to shake myself up! As for leaders… words fail me.

4. margaret21 says:

Sadly, I agree with every word of your post. Nevertheless, Bon Nadal i feliç any nou ( from the Catalan team currently in residence)

I like all the around the world greetings! It can only get better. Can’t it?

1. margaret21 says:

Surely? Please?

5. bushboy says:

Hope you can have a great Christmas Jude. Love that song. I watched a show about Wales and was on the coast in Pembrokeshire? What a stunning landscape/seascape. Another place I want to see now……one day maybe.

Ah, yes, Pembrokeshire has amazing beaches, as good as Cornwall 😍 Enjoy your Christmas too Brian xx

6. Important to see the positives in everything. Golf courses are still open.

Haha… 😅

7. Toonsarah says:

Thank you, and I wish you a Happy Christmas in return. I’m optimistic that the pandemic will ease next year, based on the latest news about Omicron. But whether the human race will have learned anything from the last couple of years is another matter, unfortunately. Let’s hope there are SOME positive impacts!

I really hope so Sarah. After all people didn’t have to isolate with a cold or even flu, which is what this variant seems to resemble. I think we all want to be able to return to a more spontaneous way of life!

Are you going ‘Kernow’ on us, Jude? 🙂
    Check out this shop. You can get a flag, and cushions too!
    I will be 70 in 2022, so had an idea for some kind of special celebration. I think I will put that on hold…

No flags for me Pete. I don’t go on for flag waving, but maybe I should have a discreet one on my car so people don’t think I am a grockle. (my number plate has Morden, Surrey on it). I think you should definitely celebrate your birthday in style.

Nice to see The Verve featured, by the way. I really like that song. x

It’s a great song and I love this video with him just shoving people out of the way, kind of sums this year up!

10. Elizabeth says:

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Another year that we won’t get to Cornwall. Still hoping.

And to you Elizabeth, I do hope we can all travel easier soon, I’m not getting any younger! 😂

1. Elizabeth says:

Well at least I can count on a bench at the shore if I do ever make it there.