last photo

Brian (aka Bushboy) is running a monthly challenge where he asks you to post the last photo on your SD card.

The rules are simple:
1. Post the last photo on your SD card or last photo on your phone for August.
2. No editing – who cares if it is out of focus, not framed as you would like or the subject matter didn’t cooperate.
3. You don’t have to have any explanations, just the photo will do
4. Create a Pingback to this post or link in the comments
5. Tag “The Last Photo”

Rose Hips

1. margaret21 says:

Lovely! I suspect even ‘Rose hips’ is an explanation too far for Brian. He’ll get even more from me …

2. So pretty. Brings me back to my childhood – Rosehip syrup… yum!!

The OH and I were discussing that. A tablespoon of rosehip syrup before school during winter. Weirdly I actually preferred cod liver oil and malt, a more savory option!

1. Gosh, we’re chalk and cheese then! I’d probably prefer that these days, but as a child, I did love the daily dose of rosehip syrup!

3. bushboy says:

They are so lovely. Glad you hinted at what they may be, saved me having to search to find out what they were. I have never seen so many and so red before. I probably used to pike out working in the garden around the roses. Do remember picking off a big thorn and putting it on my nose, pretending I was a Rhino. Under five I reckon.
    The roses are lovely too. Thanks for joining in Jude 🙂 🙂

Those rose hips look nice and plump, Jude.

They are enormous Pete, and I am impressed at how healthy the foliage is. Most of my roses have blackspot.

5. A lovely photo. The colour of the hips is really intense.

Yes, they are big and fat this year. Maybe all the rain?

6. Do you do anything with the rosehips?

Not my roses unfortunately.

7. BeckyB says:

so are you making any jam or syrup?!

They don’t belong to me unfortunately. I am however thinking of planting some on the top of my Cornish hedge.

1. BeckyB says:

Ooh yes do, and as I’ve discovered they soon start spreading

Do you have a favourite named species?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: