Red Arrows G7 Display

on

Life in my little corner of Cornwall was badly disrupted last week as roads were closed and a cordon was erected around the unassuming village of Carbis Bay. An event known as the G7 summit was being held and with it hundreds of police were drafted in. I kept away from any of the hullabaloo spending time in my garden where there is always lots to do in the summer months. But on Saturday evening we heard that the legendary Red Arrows were going to be performing over Carbis Bay (the Celtic Sea) and we figured that a good viewpoint would be on the top of ‘our’ hill.

It seemed that thanks to social media other people had the same thought. There must have been over 100 people up there, some had even come with picnics. No-one was wearing a mask, but most people kept their distance from other groups. I’m not sure what the limit is on social gatherings, but it probably is 30. We all waited in anticipation the arrival of these elite airmen who were supposed to arrive at 19:40. But it was after 20:00 when an almighty roar caused everyone to look up as the nine aircraft flew overhead.

And then it was all eyes towards the bay as the team carried out a mesmerising display.

1. Great photos of the Red Arrows Jude, they are a National Institution, we always love seeing them, a kind of childish excitement hits us when they are about to appear 😁

Thanks. I have seen them before at RAF Finningley, a long time ago, but watching them swoop over the sea was quite different.

2. That made all the disruptions worth while, eh?

Oh, yes! But I am glad they have gone!

3. I’m glad you got some advantage out of all the shenanigans!

Aren’t they just incredible to watch? We’ve seen them a few times at Sunderland Air Show and elsewhere 🤗💕

🤗💕

5. susurrus says:

You got some marvellous shots – we can sense the excitement and the roar as they go by.

Thanks Susan. I just had to hope for the best with the photographs, but the atmosphere was brilliant. Life actually felt like normal for an hour.

1. susurrus says:

And that’s priceless.

6. bushboy says:

So good Jude. Wonderful photos 🙂 🙂

7. What a fabulous treat and right at your back door.

8. That looked amazing on our TV – how fabulous to see it in person! Lucky duck!

9. Graham says:

Those are great photos, but I’m having trouble wrapping my head around Trencrom and the Red Arrows appearing in the same post!

I know, you couldn’t have made it up! 😂

10. Wow! Lucky you! That must have been a magnificent sight!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: