last photo

Brian (aka Bushboy) is running a monthly challenge where he asks you to post the last photo on your SD card.

The rules are simple:
1. Post the last photo on your SD card or last photo on your phone for May.
2. No editing – who cares if it is out of focus, not framed as you would like or the subject matter didn’t cooperate.
3. You don’t have to have any explanations, just the photo will do
4. Create a Pingback to this post or link in the comments
5. Tag “The Last Photo”

Once again I am going to break the rules (Brian will be banning me from entering soon), but my last photo really only makes any sense to me as it is the label of a succulent (Aeonium) that I was looking at in the surreal succulent nursery

We were there yesterday for the OH’s birthday. A delicious lunch before heading into the Sculpture Garden and then for me a potter around the nursery and the purchase of a couple of new Aeoniums. Not this one though. I don’t normally pay more than a tenner for a plant. It wasn’t the most expensive. That goes to Echeveria runyonii variegata, the colour along with the runyonii silvery-blue, ranges from vanilla to sunset-pink throughout the year. A rare plant which was reasonably priced at £75. I must admit I was tempted.

1. Wow, everything about that shot is so beautiful!
    Last, perhaps, but most certainly not ‘least’!

I wouldn’t give you a tenner for it 🙂 🙂 If I really liked it I might have bought it as a birthday present for OH.

You are so generous 😅

All heart 🤣💕

3. margaret21 says:

Go for it Jude! I break the no-explanation rule too, and will probably continue to do so ;). It sounds as if you need a birthday soon, and a generous buyer-of-presents.

I already have my eye on my birthday present (which isn’t until October) slightly bigger, but equally expensive.

1. margaret21 says:

Someone can start saving now 😉

4. bushboy says:

Oh dear what am I to do? Wouldn’t it have been better to have people wondering what is Jude doing and then you could answer them in comments. I love the obscure and weird as much as wonky photos. Never will ban you Jude, I like you too much xx
    PS Thanks for joining in 🙂 🙂

Quicker to explain in the post. I have a garden to look after and the tennis to watch 😂

1. bushboy says:

Such a busy life. Sit back and enjoy your watching Jude 🙂

5. Thanks for the challenge! I had a go, probably broke all the rules, but also learned what a pingback is, and that I’ve been doing them for ages without realising. Next time I might do better!

Brian will be mortified if you talk about the photo, but as I say to him his rules only suggest you don’t give an explanation. 😇

1. Graham says:

I’m with you one this one, Jude. I always write something, as I do in all my posts. I didn’t realize he didn’t want an explanation, just that it didn’t have to have one.

2. BeckyB says:

Sounds like you have a lawyer in your head!!

3. Oh well – he said I was a rule breaker in the Jude mould!

Haha… you are in good company then! Rebels united 😆

6. It’s an interesting looking plant. My last photo was of the total eclipse of the super blood moon. We had a beautiful clear sky that night.

Cloudy here, usually is on a full moon!

7. That is a beautiful shade of light green … and all those layers. Simply wonderful and worthy of a pass from Brian. After all, you did explain and show the last.

£16 for a cabbage? They are only 47p in Tesco! Did I miss your washing lines post this week?

My washing lines are all done Pete. I obviously need to visit Italy and Portugal again!

9. I initially thought, when I saw the photo in Reader, that this was a sort of mutant artichoke!