Autumn Colour

Phytolacca acinosa

“Himalayan Pokeberry”. Bears upright racemes of waxy ornamental white flowers that give way to green fruits which turn red then blue-black in autumn. Not to be eaten.

Time to join in once again with Dawn’s annual “Festival of Leaves” autumn challenge where we look at the beauty of this season.

1. Meg says:

Those are beautiful colors – wonderful contrast!

A shame they are not edible. They look so tasty, I bet you have to watch children around them

I would imagine so, they look like juicy blackberries!

3. I have a post about Pokeberry in my drafts folder for a while now. Now I am going to have to get a shot of it as awesome as this one before I can post it.

A very unusual plant. I saw one a month or so ago and thought it was very interesting, but didn’t realise it turned these colours!

1. Yes, I was attracted to the stem some time ago and looked it up but this is gorgeous! I’ll have to see if there is any around here looking like that now.

4. Leya says:

Wonderful – I have them in my garden, and the “berries” are much loved by the birds!

Oh, that’s good. They do look tasty!

5. What an amazing colour mix. Great picture

It’s a wonderful plant isn’t it!

NOT to be eaten! What a shame. They look so inviting. And why don’t they disagree with birds? 🙂 🙂

Perhaps they have an iron constitution (unlike me)

7. They do look good enough to eat. I bet the birds enjoy them.

8. I love the colours in this photo – bright and vibrant and very inviting. 🙂