finding space

The Hayle Towans last week were possibly one of the few beaches where social distancing was not an issue. Couples and families all managing to find plenty of space on a beach that stretches for 3 miles along the coastline and on a day like this with a low tide possibly a mile wide!

1. That’s a beautiful turquoise blue sky you have captured. It looks heavenly.

2. carylbeach says:

It looks wonderful- I’m still mourning my missed holiday at the end of May for Cornwall Open Studios:( But I’m so pleased that you are enjoying the empty beaches. So beautiful and one of my favourite beaches Gwithian, looking out to Godrevy Lighthouse. Enjoy 🙂

3. margaret21 says:

That’d taking Social Distancing to a whole new level. Lovely.

4. margaret21 says:

‘That’s’, even ….

5. pommepal says:

Sea sand sky and sun, beautiful summer composition Jude

Such a contrast to the crowd scenes in Southend and Bournemouth at the time.

Yes, they were dreadful and in Dorset too. I stayed away last weekend though in case it was busier. The beaches aren’t going anywhere and I would like to remain alive for a while longer!

7. Su Leslie says:

That’s a stunning image Jude.

It was a little too warm for me actually, I had 3 hours to waste whilst the car was being serviced and tested and of course nothing is open so I decided to walk to the beach. Glad to find it practically empty.

1. Su Leslie says:

Quite a long time to be out in summer heat.

8. susurrus says:

I’m glad you got to visit the beach safely after all this time and glad to enjoy it vicariously myself too.

If it had been busy I would have turned around and found somewhere else. I’m not in a hurry to mix with people right now. But it was lovely to feel the sand between my toes again. 😁

9. Pit says:

An absolutely fantastic [minimalistic] composition.

10. Lynn says:

The turquoise in the sky is so vibrant & inviting! Did you dip your toes?

Haha… no! I wasn’t going to walk all that way to the edge, not when the water is still so very cold!