wild landscapes

Wednesday began the start of easing the country (England) out of the tough lockdown restrictions that we have had for the last 8 weeks. Some people will be returning to work, garden centres are allowed to reopen, and we can go further afield to exercise as long as we like, though we still can’t meet up with family or friends except on a 1:1 basis. I don’t begin to understand that concept as if I met someone and caught the virus I could still take it home to my family. Anyway, we’re here to take our minds off the whole situation, but as we are no longer asked to #StayAtHome, rather to #StayAlert this will be the last of this series and hopefully I shall soon be able to post photos from slightly further afar.

From the views from the hill where the bluebells are in charge still, to the changing flora in the lanes I am so lucky to have had all this to keep me sane during whilst not being allowed to travel.

Thank you for keeping me company during this time, let’s hope that by staying alert we keep the spread of this awful virus down, though I for one am in no rush to head anywhere too far away any time soon.

Stay alert! That’s a new expression for me. I can easily bump into lampposts and the like so it will come in useful. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Lovely wildflowers, Jude! And that cow definitely seems to be paying attention.

Hahaha… πŸ˜… You do make me laugh. Not sure that was a cow as it was lying down, but there was a fence between us. I do not get close to cattle.

2. margaret21 says:

I’m not going very far any time soon. We’re both lucky with our landscapes, I know. However, I did have to take the car out on Wednesday, and stopped by the two garden centres I passed. Both closed. Grrr.

My garden centre is open. I had a look as I drove past on Wednesday and there was a long queue. I have compost and I can manage with the plants and seeds I have. My car is due a service though and I’m hoping I can get that done soon.

1. margaret21 says:

My hair is due a service …..

Haha. Yes, mine too. I look like the wild woman from Borneo! I imagine there will be quite a wait to get an appointment once they open.

3. Our restrictions are gradually easing too but we’re not in any hurry to start going out or socialising. I will wait to see if there is a second wave. I think Stay Home and Stay Safe is still the best way to go.

I totally agree, I’m shut away for some time yet

I’m just happy I can legitimately drive to the beaches close by, but I will certainly not be taking any risks.

4. pommepal says:

Lovely spring flowers Jude. A beautiful area to walk around. Having the garden centres open will be a welcome place to visit.

I’m not bothered about the garden centres, I use mine for compost and pots more than plants and luckily I had just visited before lockdown. I just hope the NT will open their gardens soon, so I have somewhere different to walk.

I think we’re trying to get out of this too soon

I must admit that I am glad I don’t live in a city.

6. Joanne Sisco says:

We too had some restrictions lifted this week, and more next week. While some of them certainly make sense to me, I hope it isn’t too much too soon. I’m afraid that some people will be like little kids at recess time. I’ve never been a fan of crowds to begin with, but it will be a long time before I feel comfortable around a gathering of people again.

Agreed. We are not hurrying out where people are. The OH hasn’t been anywhere other than the neighbourhood, I have done all the shopping.

You have certainly made the most of your lockdown photos, Jude. As for the crazy ‘Stay Alert’, I’m sure that’s a ploy to get people back to work to save paying the 80% of salaries. So I will be staying put, and carrying on as before. The second wave may or may not come, but either way, the virus is still out there, carried by tens of thousands of people who have shown no symptoms so far.

The same reason why they want the youngest children back in school, so parents can go back to work. Secondary students can stay home alone, not so primary kids.

8. I love the cow and all the wildflowers, and your entire countryside, Jude. We’re still on lockdown here, at least until May 29 in Northern Virginia, while the rest of Virginia, except for Richmond, opens in Phase 1 today, meaning more businesses can open, but many still can’t. We’re still in Phase 0 here in the north of the state. There are many things I don’t get; yes, if you meet 1:1, you could still catch the virus and transmit it to someone else. I don’t trust anyone in the U.S. to #stayalert. They’re already not staying alert and we’re still in lockdown! I hope all goes well for you all as you begin to open. πŸ™‚

9. Ann Mackay says:

We’re feeling the same as you – not going near anyone for a while yet. It’s not worth the risk! But it will be nice to be able to get in the car so that we can go for a walk a bit further afield. (Hoping to find places that are pretty much empty.)

10. We’re still in lockdown here in Wales – and with good reason as North Wales has seen an increase in reported cases this week. Though our garden centres are also open, along with some Recycling Centres, I will be staying at home, NOT staying alert, for now πŸ™‚ Look forward to seeing your furhter-afield photos though πŸ™‚

They won’t be that further afield! But hopefully more beach scenes πŸ™‚