cornwall in colours: orange

Tulipa ‘Orange Emperor’Β  are old bulbs which I planted in the raised herb bed in 2016. They were gorgeous in spring 2017, but only a few appear each spring since. This year I have five lovely flowers in one clump, but only one flower and several leaves in another.

Tulipa “Orange Emperor” – March 23 2020

Whilst we are confined to #StayAtHome I will be posting photos from around my house and garden to hopefully cheer us all up.

Basking in warm colour πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I may respond with a lily tomorrow.

Oh, yes do! I threw all my lilies away last year as I was fed up of the S&S eating the buds, though I have noticed some coming up in one pot that I obviously didn’t notice!

2. Looking good. I’ve gone with a few orange tulips for the first time this year. Felt the need to mix my colour pallete up a bit.

I’ve gone very different this year! But some of the oldies have come back which is nice.

1. Nice to shake it up a bit every so often.

3. pommepal says:

Orange is my favourite colour. Definitely a colour to cheer us up.

I have a lot in that colour range, though this year my new ones are different colours – reds, pink, yellow and even a white! Thought it was time to have a change from the usual copper and bronze shades and dark reds.

1. pommepal says:

They certainly look stunning when all massed I remember when we went to the tulip festival in Canberra an amazing sight 🌷🌷🌷🌷

4. margaret21 says:

What gorgeous colours. I don’t think I’ve ever seen tulips that shade before.

They are very orange!

5. Leya says:

Wonderful colour! Mood rising! I had an old friend whose favorite colours were orange and green. Since she passed away some years ago, I have grown more and more towards orange too. Green has always been a favorite. I always buy orange roses.

My tulips have always been in the orange, copper and bronze range, but this year I have gone for different colours, but these orange ones keep coming back! As do some of the others in a pot which I will show later.

1. Leya says:

β™₯ Looking forward to it!

As you predicted, our orange tulips failed to appear. Yours look nice though. πŸ™‚

Time to dig them up Pete. And replant the bigger bulbs with 8cm spacing between them.

I just let Ollie out into the garden, and as if by magic, we have one orange tulip open! It must be fate. x

Haha… they heard you!

8. Ann Mackay says:

Lovely uplifting colour – makes the heart glad!

Good! Job done 😁

9. Lynn says:

Tulips are a favourite of mine. Sadly they don’t last too long but while they are in bloom, they are so vibrant and happy πŸ˜ƒ

Mine didn’t last long last year because of the hot (for here) weather and it looks as though warmer weather is on the way next week too. Which will be a shame for the tulips, but nice for us to enjoy being out in the garden.

1. Lynn says:

Is that normal weather for you this time of year?

Over the last few years we do seem to have had warm weather in April. Not as warm here in Cornwall as the south east due to being almost surrounded by the sea.