And mittens on kittens… no, that’s a different song! Ask Sue ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, they’re beautiful, Jude!

Read my reply to Brian ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. bushboy says:

I was singing in my head ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

I was going to use some of the lyrics, but they are still under copyright. You have to be so careful about song lyrics.

Do you? The copyright police will be after me ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿ’•

It is a very delicate area. Song titles are OK, but lyrics have to be in the public domain, this song should have been in 2016 but it was renewed under new laws in so copyrighted until 2055 I think. I don’t want to run the risk of being sued!

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

You may well roll your eyes!

We’re in a bad way. Mick only has 2 Lion bars left ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

None left in the shops? Poor man…

We haven’t shopped for a few days. Probably tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

I have managed to get some wine delivered by a local wine merchant, so we’re happy for now. I will need to go shopping in a couple of days, ok for most things, but I wasn’t able to get much fresh meat, fish or chicken.

Wine? Tssk! Sounds like too much happiness going on down there ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

3. pommepal says:

A lovely way to capture that ever falling rain Jude

It had been one of those mizzly days which we get a lot of here, being so high up, so the plants were dripping in raindrops. I couldn’t resist going out with the camera ๐Ÿ˜Š

And even better now the sun has arrived and they are open – more to come on Saturday!

4. Joanne Sisco says:

A beautiful treat to start my day ๐Ÿ™‚

Itโ€™s funny, but this morning as I let Theo outside I was thinking that in spite of the chaos in the world today, the birds are still singing and the sun will rise. Your post put an exclamation on that thought … the flowers will also still bloom. There is still great beauty in the world to enjoy.

Indeed there is Jo. Are you in a state of lockdown too?

1. Joanne Sisco says:

We arenโ€™t in lockdown – yet.

Our PM and Chief Medical Officer are getting increasingly frustrated with those who are not voluntarily following distancing and isolation protocols. In particular, people are becoming increasingly angry with the reportedly high numbers of travellers from abroad – especially the US – who are returning to Canada and not immediately going into isolation.
        In Ontario, effective last night, all non-essential businesses were ordered closed. I give it a week at most before we are ordered into lockdown.

How are you doing in lockdown?

Feeling very twitchy! I will have to go to the supermarket at some point in the next few days as I am one of those people who didn’t stock pile! It’s frustrating not being allowed to drive to the coast, but I suppose everyone would do it… We still have people with second homes coming down here – from London of all places!

Our orange tulips sprouted some big leaves overnight on Monday. Now hoping they might appear. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mmm… I have leaves on some of my tulips but no flowers. The ones in the ground don’t come back very successfully. Are you feeling better today? OH has been feeling tired lately, but that’s not new. I think tiredness can come with old age.

Thanks for the tulip tip. I had a restless night, and still feel a bit tired. But I am not unduly worried. x

I think this is all a strain on us. Especially those of us over 65 as I am sure that we won’t be a priority if this worsens.

6. Beautiful shots, Jude. Bright and vibrant, very cheery … just what the doctor ordered, thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

And more to come Pete. They are looking lovely now in the sunshine, and I have loads more in pots which I hope will slow down a bit so they last longer!

1. Mine haven’t opened up as yet. Something to look forward to ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Raindrops especially on those miniature waterlily style tulips but all the tulips buds are full of promise and that makes them so delightful – thank you for a cheery post

And the raindrops on the Lupin leaves are incredible – photo on Saturday of that!

8. Su Leslie says:

Lovely, lovely, lovely.
    I didnโ€™t know that about song lyrics ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    I love how the natural world seems more vibrant and wonderful than ever lately. We have tui in outer trees singing almost constantly during the days ๐Ÿ˜€

I found out about song lyrics when I was doing a California post and wanted to use various lyrics. Because songs are so short even ‘fair use’ is hard to define – so I tend to steer clear of anything more than the song title or maybe a few words. I’m sure my blogs don’t get sufficient traffic to attract the eyes of legal representatives, but why risk it?

1. Su Leslie says:

Exactly! You hear some horrendous stories of big business suing individuals and small companies.