1. bushboy says:

So true Jude

Do you have a lot of noise where you live then Brian? I kinda of assumed you were fairly remote.

1. bushboy says:

A bit of noise Jude. A quarry about 1.5kms downhill, next door are logging for the moment, other side had goats and horses, most properties have dogs and chooks, the kids across the road like their motorbikes, a tractor is heard every now and then. That’s not to mention the birds or possums thundering across the roof at night but usually it’s fairly quiet πŸ™‚

That doesn’t sound all that quiet to me πŸ˜‚

2. bushboy says:

It is right now. Not a sound to be heard just like it was when I first moved here

Not me! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Just found this, Jude. Love the uff-er, uff-er. Couldn’t stand all those cows belching. πŸ™‚

That’s the bull who has to work his way up to a bellow!

πŸ€—πŸ’•

3. Su Leslie says:

Hehe. I’m reminded of a book the boy-child had as a wee one. It had buttons you pushed to get farmyard noises. A gift from someone childless I seem to remember. πŸ™‚

I can imagine the fun he had and your urge to bin the book!

4. margaret21 says:

Haha! Love it. I’m just off out on a solitary walk of my own, and will definitely be accompanied by most of that lot.

Weirdly quiet today other than a few crows cawing. Enjoy your walk. Still somewhat boggy here if we go off road.

Love the face on that sheep, Jude. πŸ™‚

An unusually inquisitive one, they normally run away, unlike the cattle.

6. pommepal says:

Oh jude this brought a big smile to my face, you have captured the sounds of the β€œperceived” peaceful countryside.. I lived for years on farms and know these sounds so well

And all night sometimes!! Though I have only had to use my earplugs once so far this year πŸ™‚

7. When we first moved to the country, we were slightly overwhelmed by the noise and activity. The neighbour’s rooster woke us up every morning with his magnificent calls. Sometimes it was us doing the screaming, like when we walked into the barn to find a flock of the neighbours goats in their munching on our hay. The rooster is long gone and now we sleep in.

Fortunately no roosters! But when they have cattle in the barns some can be very noisy – all night long! I think we have got used to a lot of the noise, but in the beginning we wondered what on earth we had done!

1. Haha, I know! I do miss that rooster though…

8. Cee Neuner says:

Oh what wonderful colors you found in the country. πŸ˜€
    Stay safe, healthy and happy πŸ˜€

You too Cee.

9. Elizabeth says:

I just read about Cornwall being overtaken with people “escaping” to the coast. Sounded awful.

I think they have been advised to return home, but whether they will is anyone’s guess. I suspect the OH and I won’t be going far.

1. Elizabeth says:

Selfishness isn’t in short supply is it.

Indeed. This sort of thing brings out the best and worst in people. Hope you are safe in your area, it sounds really bad in New York

10. Lignum Draco says:

Ahhh, the country life, but that’s changing…
    Here, some people have escaped to the country but that’s putting a strain on local communities, including grocery supplies and potentially local health facilities. Apparently busloads of city folk have even travelled out to country region supermarkets to raid local supplies.

There are some very selfish people! I have been doing my usual weekly grocery shop, albeit I have had to plan menus around what is available rather than shopping to fit my menus, fish, meat and chicken and eggs have been in short supply. I’m beginning to wonder now if I might regret not being a selfish hoarder. Especially as my online wine company have suspended deliveries for now!

Totally agree with your sentiments, Jude… luckily I have about 12 weeks worth of wine, as I onl drink 125ml per night…BUT if I can’t get more, I’ll have to raid the good stuff