Most Popular Posts 2019

Another look at the stats for this year to see what posts are proving the most popular. From comments left on the post last year the conclusion I came to was that most people enjoy the longer posts more than my solo photos, and more so if it is about my garden. I know it is hard sometimes to comment on a photo. ‘Nice’ or ‘beautiful’ can only be used so many times and it seems people are reluctant to say much more in case they are misconstrued as being critical. Personally I don’t mind a bit of criticism as long as it is constructive and not just rude. I want to improve my photography so I am very happy to accept help and advice.

2019

1. A Walk to Hell’s Mouth (September 2017)
  2. About page
  3. Life in the Countryside (September)
  4. Six on Saturday | National Gardening Week (May)
  5. Six on Saturday | Ch Ch changes (April)
  6. Six on Saturday | Flutterbies (August)
  7. Six on Saturday | Early Bulb EditionΒ  (February)
  8. Six on Saturday | Where is Summer?Β  (June)
  9. Penlee Park (April)
  10. Six on Saturday | Autumn has arrived (September)

It appears that the weekly garden diary is very popular, that might be because it is more personal and also a lot of the gardening folk who join in with this meme like to leave comments. It is well known that we English love our gardens and enjoy a nosy around our neighbours too. It seems this is true of gardening folk all around the world. The first of my solo photo posts was Alice in June which appeared in 18th position

followed by the beautiful poppies on Pentire in 29th place. I hasten to add these statistics are based on views and a lot of posts are only 1 or 2 views apart. When I have looked at posts that only report 1 or 2 views this year I see they have had a fair number of likes and comments at the time of posting.

My Changing Seasons posts, which this year recorded the flowering in the George V Memorial Garden, and my beach walks weren’t as popular. Which has surprised me. I don’t know if Su will be hosting the Changing Seasons again this coming year or if I will take part. If I do then it will be a different format.

As many of you already know this blog is one of three that I run currently. Travel Words is my oldest and about my travels outside of Cornwall as well as photography challenges and Earth Laughs in Flowers is a purely flower / garden blog.Β  I thank all of you who visit any of my blogs and especially this one and I appreciate every like and comment exchanged. Have a fab year ahead, hopefully one which is far more hopeful and joyful than recent years.

I am going to be challenging myself throughout 2020 on my Travel Blog so if anyone is interested in joining me in expanding their creative eye then please check out my 2020 Photo Challenge page for more details.

1. bushboy says:

A good idea to put the links form popular posts. I do enjoy the 6 series of the garden as mine is miserable for the past two years of drought. Have a Happy New Year Jude πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Thanks Brian, I have lost my gardening mojo at the moment. It’s been so wet for months now, but at least over the last few days it has been dry and not windy, but oh, so very dull and grey. Totally zaps the energy.

2. Su Leslie says:

I’m intending to carry on hosting The Changing Seasons in 2020. It would be lovely if you can find a format or theme that works for you to keep taking part.

I’ll give it some thought πŸ˜‰

2. Joanne Sisco says:

That’s good to hear, Su. I really like this photo feature and I do miss it.

1. Su Leslie says:

Thanks Joanne; we miss you, although I completely understand that life has thrown you a curve ball.

I like that The Changing Seasons provides some structure and focus when I’m feeling a bit adrift in my blogging, so I’ll carry it on as long as I can.

1. Joanne Sisco says:

Maybe when I get a camera again, the old inspiration will come back. I know many people like taking photos with their phones, but I’m lukewarm about them. I prefer a camera.

On the positive side, I’m doing a lot of painting, and developing that new creative muscle feels good πŸ™‚

2. Su Leslie says:

I’m so glad you are painting again.
          I know what you mean about phone cameras; I mainly use mine to snap bits of text I want to remember.

Painting is good. I hope you’ll share some with us again, you have talent.

4. Joanne Sisco says:

Awww – thanks 😊
          I’m coming to the conclusion we all have some latent talents inside of us just waiting to be exercised.

Always interesting to see what people like the most, Jude.
    All of your posts are popular with me! πŸ™‚

Thanks Pete, you are one of my oldest and most frequent blogging buddies 😁

Those poppies on Pentire are a sight to behold, and Alice can look well dressed, too!

Seeing the poppies was a highlight of the year 😊

5. What I said on your other blog! All the best again.

No place like Alice! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I love that shot.

One of my favourites too!

7. Elizabeth says:

I hadn’t thought of looking up my most popular posts. You have given me a useful idea. I love all your posts, though usually I just click “like.”

8. I think the most important thing is doing what you love best! It’s nice you’re expanding on your travel blog this year. Happy New Year, Jude! πŸ™‚

9. Murtagh's Meadow says:

I really enjoy all your posts, whether photos or longer ones. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more in 2020. Happy New Year

Thank you for your visits and comments πŸ™‚

10. You do take beautiful photos so I enjoy them in all your formats. Happy 2020! I’m off to check out your new challenge.