That’s a lovely blue, Jude. Irises are one of my favourite flowers. (To buy, at least. I don’t grow them.)
    Best wishes, Pete.x

Always a soft spot for them as my mum was called Iris. A name not often heard nowadays.

I had an Aunt Iris, a grandma named Rose, and my Mum was named Violet. Flower names seem to have faded out of fashion, except for ‘Poppy’. 🙂

And Poppy is not even the prettiest name. But I might be biased given I taught a nightmare of a girl with that name. She thought nothing wrong in applying her make-up during her IT lesson! She was a bit dippy! Daisy is a sweet name too and often heard.

2. Lignum Draco says:

If this were a game of Scrabble I’d be tempted to call a challenge. 🙂 Seriously, that’s a love deep hue of blue. Quite regal against the contrasting yellow.

3. Clare says:

This is gorgeous 🙂

Glad you like it Clare 🙂

1. Clare says:

It’s within the colour spectrum I always find myself drawn to. And it’s beautiful as well as gorgeous.

4. Colline says:

The blue makes this a stunning flower.

It is a lovely rich shade. Sadly not my iris!

5. How beautiful. I have an iris photo lined up for later. We have irises growing in our garden in England, but two years ago they just didn’t flower – very strange.

My yellow ones have been poor this year, loads of leaves but not many flower spikes. I think I shall be removing a lot this autumn.

1. When we get back to our garden, I hope the irises have sorted themselves out and are flowering again. If not, the garden spade will be employed…

After the first year of allowing everything to have its own way I am becoming increasingly ruthless. In a small garden things have to earn their stay.

2. You have so much in your garden, that it must be hard to choose. 🙂