Six on Saturday | Garden Views

This week, for a change I am going to show six views from my garden. The flowers above are from the different areas that can be seen in the photos.

1. Raised beds and the nursery section at the far end of the garden (as from the house) or the first thing you see as you enter the gate from the car park (wild garden). This is where the lupins are growing, though only the one has flowered so far. I received 8 dwarf lupins free with an order. They are not plants I’d normally grow given that the S&S love them.
    It is also the area where I put new plants and cuttings to get established as it is probably one of the more sheltered parts of the garden and only receives full sun from midday.
  2. From this area you enter what is left of the lawn and the ‘new’ gravel garden.
    The Hebe, Erigeron and Alliums are to be found in this part of the garden.
  3. Paving slabs lead through to the ‘Zen Patio’ย  where you will find a lot of too many pots including the Aeonium ‘Zwartkop’. Sweet William (Dianthus barbatus) are still flowering well so I have left them in their spring containers. Pelargoniums are out of the conservatory along with the Kangaroo Paw, an Abutilon and Justicia carnea which I will show in a fure SOS once it is flowering.
  4. And looking back up the garden from the patio is this view, looking quite lush after the rain. The Penstemon can’t quite be seen but it is here behind that rock on the right in the foreground. You may have noticed that there are a lot of rocks in my garden!
    Lots of flowers at this time of year so I’ll just let you enjoy them.

As always, if you want a peek over other people’s garden walls then please pop over to our host, the lovely Jon, AKA ‘The Propagator’ where you find links to many more wonderful garden enthusiasts from all over the world

1. Beautiful garden! I try not to have too many pots as well, but they just appear and multiply.

Exactly! How do they do that?

2. cavershamjj says:

Lots going on there Jude! Lovely.

It’s repaying all the effort, isn’t it? I can see a pretty spot or two where I could sit with a book. Don’t ask me to pick up a trowel though! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Do you not garden at all? I suppose you are too busy gallivanting ๐Ÿ˜€

I have no tolerance for anything that doesn’t look healthy (obviously not a problem in your garden ๐Ÿ™‚ ) or straggles where I don’t want it to be. Mick refers to me as the Hatchet Man and warns the plants to tremble if I pick up secateurs :(.

I can be pretty ruthless too ๐Ÿ˜€ I often warn plants if they don’t start growing or flowering they will go to compost!

Thank you Anabel, it has taken me three years (well two really as the first one I simply observed) and already I need to make changes!

1. Keeps you out of mischief then! ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. You have a beautiful garden.

Thank you RW, that’s very kind of you.

5. Susan K. Hagen says:

The pots in your garden add great color and height variation. They also remind me that I need a better class of pots!

There are some very interesting pots, but also very expensive ones too!

1. Susan K. Hagen says:

Truly!

6. It’s so pretty, Jude. I love all the summer colours.

Yes, this is a good time in the garden, but so many plants yet to make an appearance. I think I have almost managed to have something flowering all year round.

1. Great work! It’s nice to have some colour in every season.

7. pommepal says:

I just loved this meander around your garden Jude. So lush and so much colour, it is a credit to all your hard work. And I can see all the love and planning that has gone into it.

I have been having fun! But made mistakes in the size of some plants so a rejig is necessary!

1. pommepal says:

Calculating how much room plants need can be hit and miss, especially when some are more aggressive than others. But experimenting is fun

It is. I hate seeing bare soil, but that has meant some plants overcrowding others. I have a bit more of an idea now. That’s the trouble with only having containers for 10 years, you forget how big plants grow!

2. pommepal says:

After the previous lush tropical look and then taking lots of things out and heavy pruning, it will take a while for the beds to fill out. Iโ€™m hoping for a look like your gorgeous recent photos. But it may take another season to achieve it. Meanwhile Iโ€™ll keep filling gaps with annuals.

8. janesmudgeegarden says:

It all looks summery and floriferous,Jude, and I love your wire chooks. I wish Iโ€™d had the presence of mind to group my plants together as you have, rather than simply plant them anywhere, which is a practice that necessitates transplanting.

I am going to have to replant the raised beds this autumn. Some herbs grew too big and some plants are too close together. I think I’ll start again from scratch and take the opportunity to plant bulbs. I don’t think you ever finish a garden, you always want to redesign it or bring in new plants โ˜บ

1. janesmudgeegarden says:

So true. SoS is a sure-fire way of finding โ€˜must haveโ€™ additions to the garden!

9. Morning Jude. Your garden looks fantastic. Quick question. How much sun do you give your Aeoniums in the Summer. I am reading conflicting things on the internet.

They are in full sun pretty much all day, I’ll make a note when the sun reaches them and let you know. Cloudy at the moment!!