Alice in June

This is the sight that greets me when I leave my house at the moment. The red campion is particularly beautiful this year, sandwiched between the frothy white cow parsley and the May blossom (hawthorn) and Alice cloaked in ivy standing proud.

Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #49 | Favourite Things

1. Beautiful. It’s such an exuberant time of year.

May is my favourite month, but the flowers are continuing into June and I really must go and get some foxglove photos!

2. That is such a beautiful view! I love red campion. Nature knows how to help a building age.

I need to persuade some red campion onto my Cornish hedge! And the cow parsley! Oddly only brambles and nettles seem to want to colonise on it.

3. Su Leslie says:

This is gorgeous Jude

Soon to be chopped down I fear – the edge trimmers will be at it shortly, though maybe not down here. I have an idea that they leave it every other year.

That’s a nice view when you walk outside, Jude. Despite my apparently rural location, I am greeted by a row of well-kept but rather boring 1980s houses. πŸ™‚

I don’t think I can evre live on an estate again Pete.

Luckily, it is a very small ‘estate’, Jude. Beetley Meadows is only 100 yards away. πŸ™‚

I’d still want a view that didn’t include neighbours πŸ™‚

Appreciated. But when you are a lot older, and no longer drive? It’s a delicate balance in retirement. x

Then we have to move. A penthouse apartment overlooking the sea. (with a lift) and beautifully maintained acres of garden. Well, I can but wish…

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Dear old Alice in her finery! What a view

6. Pete Hillman says:

What a wonderful view you have to greet you Jude! It is so uplifting. I always love the May blossom, and seeing any Campion is always a treat. Alice looks very fine indeed!

7. Colline says:

Stunning view Jude. You are lucky.

8. Beautiful! A stunning & poetic capture.

9. Sandra says:

Beautiful! We seem to be depleted this year, on the foxglove front in East Cornwall. But those we have are lovely and like you, I must get out with the camera and capture some. If it would just stop raining….

Have to say we have had little rain here – a few heavy showers and then glorious sunshine. I gather it will all change tomorrow though!