I almost ran out of time for this month’s gallery. I took some photos mid month whilst waiting for my car to be fixed – the alternator broke en route to a garden, fortunately we hadn’t got very far and our local garage kindly fitted me in the same day. When you are as reliant on your car as we are that was a huge relief. But I did manage to get back this morning after my visit to the Physiotherapy department at the hospital in Hayle to see what else is flowering in May.
So much to choose from this month, I hope you enjoy the selection. (The header image this month is of a shadier part of the garden, where fuchsias and hydrangeas grow, a lovely area to linger in when it is hot.)
(click on the collage to enlarge image)
George V Memorial Walk – May 14 & 30 2019
- Row 1: Annual Poppies, Cistus x Corbariensis (hybridus) – (Rock rose), Marguerite Daisy Pink , Blue Hardy Geranium, Yellow Rose
- Row 2: Pink Cosmos, Blue bearded Iris, Phlomis italica ‘Pink Glory’ (Italian Jerusalem Sage), Gazania, Peony
- Row 3: Californian Poppies ( Eschscholzia californica ), Pink Bottlebrush (Callistemon), Poached Egg plant (Limnanthes douglasii), Salvia, Sweet Alyssum
- Row 4: White bearded Iris , New leaves of a spruce tree, Red Hot Poker (Kniphofia ), Iris pseudacorus, Nigella damascena ‘Gertrude Jekyll‘ ( love-in-a-mist )
- Row 5: Gladiolus communis subsp. byzantinus (Whistling Jacks in Cornwall), Daylily (hemerocallis ), Lavatera arborea (tree mallow), Buddleja globosa (Chilean orange ball tree), white Cosmos
All these photos were taken with my Olympus OM-D E-M10 using a 42mm – 150mm zoom lens.
The Changing Seasons | May