Harmony

Blue and Green should never be seen” (because the colours clash), is a saying about colours (not) to wear together, but as Nature proves there is nothing wrong with these two colours side by side – in fact they create harmony and tranquillity and can even help to reduce high blood pressure. So if you are feeling a little stressed find yourself a green space, preferably with a blue sky, and relax!

Lens Artists Photo Challenge #44 | Harmony

1. I soo agree! I simply love green and blue in nature! It is relaxing me instantly 😊🌷

Blue skies are rare at the moment, but we have some better weather forecast for the coming weekend.
    I remember those sayings from my youth. Another was to never wear brown shoes with a blue suit, but that seems to be widely ignored these days. (I still couldn’t do it. 🙂 )

I do think you have to be careful with shoes. Sorry you are not having blue skies, but as you say the forecast is looking good. We had a fab day today.

3. Colline says:

So true. Nature should be our guide.

4. I love blue and green together. It’s a refreshing combination.

And so many shades of both colours!

5. Tina Schell says:

well said Jude!! I too love blue and green together – and they definitely work in harmony. I remember as a young girl a friend had a pink dress and wore red shoes with it. Everyone was SHOCKED at the nerve of combining those colors. Can you imagine? Funny how times change 🙂

You just have to look at flowers to see what works. Pink and orange are wonderful too!

Well, I like teal and blue, Jude

Teal is one of my favourite colours.

7. I remember that old adage being quoted at me many times, growing up. Of course blue and green go together! What a silly saying. 🙂 Lovely images, Jude.

Thanks Sylvia. I love the colours together too 🙂

Did that today! Lots of green, a couple of castles and a rather cloudy sky, but still warm and they were looking a bit flushed with the sun from yesterday, so just as well. 🙂 🙂

Sounds great. I shall have to employ you as tour guide when we get over there 🙂

The G & T’s have just tottered up the stairs 🙂 🙂

9. One of the things I liked about Guatemala is that the indigenous peoples wear clothing with lots of colors together.

1. My last words are a link, though they’re not showing up as such unless you hover your mouse over them.

Ah, yes. Not afraid of colour!

1. No, not at all. I still have a few colorful wall hangings and such that I brought back from there in the 1970s.

You must be an old hippy 🙂

2. I first visited Guatemala in 1968, the height of the hippy era, so you may be right.

10. I’ve never understood that saying. For me blue and green are two of the colours that go best together (as excellently illustrated by you in your photos) 😁.

Very true! We just have to look to nature to see what colours work together.