I have been taking part in the Changing Seasons Monthly Photography Challenge since 2015 when it was hosted by Cardinal Guzman /Max who lives in Oslo, Norway.
2015: I recorded the changes along a specific route around Ludlow, Shropshire, which highlighted the lovely River Teme, Ludlow Castle and the delightful Whitcliffe common.
2016: We moved to Cornwall at the end of March so I decided to use this seasonal challenge to record a monthly wrap-up of life in my new county.
2017: I continued recording events in my new life in Cornwall until June when I switched to recording what was changing in my own garden. It was also the month when my son was seriously ill and I spent time away from Cornwall before returning with the invalid in tow. The rest of the year was spent with family in the main until November when life returned to normal.
2018: A change of direction this year. And a change of host. The lovely Su Leslie from Auckland is now hosting this challenge. I decided to become a Nature photographer for a year and record all the different plants that grow in the country lanes around my home so decided to link this to the ‘Changing Seasons’ as it seemed appropriate.
And now it is 2019. And a new challenge. This year I am going to record the changes in a lovely garden walk close to home. I go into the town of Hayle pretty much every week to go to the library or the supermarket or post office, so I should be able to find time to record the wonderful flora that grows in the George V Memorial Walk along the Copperhouse Pool. I have several posts about this little jewel, but this year I want to be more thorough and record the changes regularly. There are so many plants including many Antipodean specimens and many I don’t know the name of. But this year I shall try to find out!
(click on the collage to enlarge image)
George V Memorial Walk – January 23 2019
- Row 1: Wattle, Grevillea, Senecio Cineraria ‘Dusty Miller’, Prostrate Rosemary, Agave americana variegata
- Row 2: Feverfew, Periwinkle, Hardy Bromeliad Fascicularia bicolor, Argyranthemum, dead Hydrangea head
- Row 3: Pittosporum (?), Grevillea, Osteospermum, Euryops pectinatus, Schizostylis or Hesperantha
- Row 4: Hellebore foetidius, Bergenia, Skimmia japonica, Epimedium, Bottlebrush (dead flowers)
- Row 5: Euryops pectinatus, Sedum (dead head), (?) Hips, Some kind of yellow daisy, possibly more Euryops pectinatus!
As you can see I require help with the ID of some of these!!
The Changing Seasons | January