big can be beautiful

Last night we saw another of the fabulous autumn sunsets that light the sky for half an hour or more at this time of year. Starting with pretty yellow hues at just after 6 pm and then deepening into orange and scarlet by 6:36 pm.

Watching the crows heading to their roost as the sun sinks below the hill
More of the high level cloud catches the glow of the setting sun
Twenty minutes later and the sky is on fire

Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #16 | Big can be Beautiful

Your western location certainly has some spectacular benefits, Jude. 🙂

There are times when I miss little Ludlow and its convenient shops, then this happens.

2. Sadje says:

Absolutely brilliant! Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing

3. Oh my goodness you are so lucky! Thanks for showing us.

I noticed the yellow stage and had already put the camera down. The red part was a bonus.

4. Leo says:

Yes…. beautyful pictures.

5. Oh wow! Love the colors! We have such a beautiful world!

The colours are quite incredible. Difficult to capture the reds as they look so over saturated.

6. These sunsets are stunning! I’m almost on my way to Cornwall now to see them in person.

If only… hope all is well in Spud Meg 🙂

1. email under construction! All’s well, thanks.

7. susurrus says:

Marvellous. The sky looks like silk.

Those high clouds were the cause of all this beauty as they caught the dying rays.

8. janesmudgeegarden says:

Those photos are spectacular indeed, and the plant silhouettes add extra interest.

Difficult for me to eliminate the plants as I shoot from my upstairs window. If I’d known how dramatic this was going to be I’d have driven to the coast, but then you never know with a sunset. Sometimes a bang, sometimes a whimper.

9. Tina Schell says: