Untitled: Blue, Dark Blue and Yellow

The original photograph was taken overlooking  Constantine Bay and Trevose Head on the north Cornish coast with a wheat field in the foreground. I never take photographs so distinctly sliced into horizontal thirds. It looks odd.  Not so odd before I cropped it to a square format, but odd all the same. But then I looked at it again and thought of the Mark Rothko paintings.  I have a postcard sized print which is Royal Red and Blue. So why not a blue and yellow?

Mark Rothko – Blue Dark Blue and Yellow

1. Lignum Draco says:

Simple yet artistic, it works well in abstract form as well, Jude. But my preference is for the original photo. The colours work together nicely.

I’ll include the original before it was cropped in a post about the area shortly. I love the colours too, which is why I thought I’d have a play around with the image! See what happens on a rainy day!!

2. pommepal says:

Love these colours together. They are SO Gold Coast… 😄

Blue and yellow go so well together. I saw on my weather App that Sydney had a red fire alert warning today / yesterday. Temperatures around 25 C which seems hot for winter time! I remember being in Sydney in July when it practically rained the entire month!

1. pommepal says:

Yes fire season has started very early. Our normal average July rain should be 65mm we had 1mm this year… and none in sight. Farmers out west are in desperate drought conditions, not much rain for 6 years

I hadn’t realised it has been that long. Nor that it was bad along the coast either. Scary to think what your summer might be like – don’t you get the rain in the summer months?

2. pommepal says:

Yes we are supposed to get rain in summer and the past few years it has been good. But I know how quickly it can turn and usually follow the northern weather patterns unfortunately

3. Lucid Gypsy says:

There’s nothing odd at all about them!

Aw, thank you Gilly. you are a lovely pal 🙂

4. That’s very cool, in all its forms.

Thanks Kaz – you been away? Not heard much from you recently.

1. I was on holiday from 27 July until yesterday, but didn’t post anything before that since the square roofs. Lazy!

5. I love what you have done here. 🙂

Thanks Elaine, I was in the mood for a play 🙂

6. Dina says:

Very nice take eon this one. 🙂 We love the work of Mark Rothko and hope to see his work in London soon.