On the Lizard

Although these photos were taken a week ago, I thought they would be nice to feature on the longest day of the year for all of us in the northern hemisphere. The Lizard peninsula is a very special region of mainland Britain with diverse flora and fauna and as you can see from these images, a very beautiful place too.

~wander.essence~ | photography

More of those beautiful blues in the sea, Jude. Wonderful stuff.

Just couldn’t resist a few more shots of that lovely water today Pete.

Small wonder! 🙂

I have fond memories of the area around the Logan Rock – near there??

Logan Rock is near to Land’s End. So to answer your question, “Not within walking distance!”

….and certainly not in mine!!

3. susurrus says:

Happy Solstice!

Been a beautiful day, though very windy!

4. Dina says:

Beautiful impressions, Jude.
    Happy Solstice to you all!

Thanks Dina, the sun is shining today but very, very windy! Should be a good week ahead though 🙂

1. Dina says:

We went to Morston to pick Samphire yesterday morning. Two 🚌 🚌 with schoolchildren were waiting for the tide to go on a seal trip to Blakeney Point. I felt really sorry for the kids, it was very very windy! It was for sure going to be a wet turn at the point 🌊💨🌊 the Samphire is quite juicy and nice now. Can you get them on your coast?

Sea, boat + wind are never a good combination for me!! No Samphire here as far as I know, it likes the salty brackish water of the marshes or river estuaries.

5. Wow! These are fabulous pictures for the summer solstice, Jude. They make me want to hop on a plane and fly right to the Lizard peninsula. 🙂

I will be happy to link them to my next photography post on July 5. Thanks for this. 🙂

I am sure you have this colour water much closer to you Cathy 😀 Enjoy your trip to Niagara – I imagine it will be quite busy there at this time of year.

1. Maybe we have this color water in the Caribbean islands, and maybe in Florida (which I hate!). But certainly not here on the East Coast where I live. It’s more like dirty green or brown water. 🙂

Bit like the North Sea then! Although Jo often manages to make it look quite blue.

2. If I took pictures of our East Coast beaches, they’d never be blue! 🙂

6. Yes, we had a marvellous day there. It was glorious like this day too.

7. So many beautiful blues and greens.

It really is the most astonishing colour around here. You look at it and forget you are in England.

8. Superb! No other word. Such a lovely day and gorgeous colours.

I’m hoping to get to a few more beaches before the crush descends on the county. One month from now and I shall be going nowhere other than the supermarket and the library! Or maybe we’ll adventure out on the train to a couple of places.

9. Ali says:

The colour of the sea is just stunning.

10. janesmudgeegarden says:

Happy solstice Jude. You still have the best of summer ahead of you!

I really like the long light evenings – still a blue sly at 10 pm last night. I wish I could have that all year round. I prefer the freshness of May and June. July can be nice too, but August often can be wet and cold.