cornwall in colours: a rainbow

Persian Buttercups

As mentioned in my Eden post here are more photos of the incredible Persian Buttercups (Ranunculus asiaticus). Just grab your sunglasses and take a look:

The clashing colours are just so amazing. Must be hundreds of bulbs planted here. Have you ever seen such a floriferous display?

Singles, doubles all with flouncy petticoats, in every colour including yellow. Buttercups will never mean the same again.

Pretty colourful πŸ™‚

1. Ali says:

Wow! I have never seen so many ranunculus together! I have never seen very many at all, come to think of it. I love the tutti frutti colours.

Makes me want to give them a go, but I’d never have room for that amount.

Aren’t they just!

2. Dina says:

Gorgeous buttercups, Jude. I have never seen anything like this display. This spring we planted 8 ranunculus in a row in the garden, they are definitely one of my favourite flowers. Today I got home with a new book, “Eden” by Tim Smit. So sorry we didn’t get to see it this winter.
    Hope you are fine, doing well. Good night to you from Cley. x

The ranunculus are gorgeous. I might try some in a pot next year. Though not as many as here! Eden is best to visit in spring I think. April and May are good months, but I shall have a few visits in the summer and see how it changes over time. I was disappointed in winter.

3. Absolutely stunning, Jude. Love those vivid colours. πŸ™‚

4. Wow, these beautiful pictures make me so happy! I don’t think you can feel anything but joy when looking at these colors!! πŸ™‚

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the photos. They are very cheerful.