A Cornish landscape

What else could I choose for illustrating something/somewhere that is dearly loved: Cornwall. With its endless coastal curves and wonderful industrial history that leaves a unique legacy on the landscape. The engine house.

Wheal Coates from the south-west coastal path above Chapel Porth

Daily Post Photo Challenge | Beloved

1. Su Leslie says:

This is a lovely shot Jude. I can see why your part of the world is so beloved.

I only wish I had moved down here 20 years ago when I was a lot more able to walk these coastal paths. Proves a bit challenging now.

1. Su Leslie says:

I understand that. ☹️

That’s an absolute corker, Jude! Love the mist πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Roll on Spring, huh?

It’s snowing Jo!!!! I know the weather forecast said we might get some, but they are usually wrong about everything, but it is actually snowing. So silent. It’s the wet stuff though so I don’t expect it to hang around for long.

Beautiful? I knew it was snowing in Cornwall because one of our walkers mentioned it. Thought of you πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Didn’t last long, but it was a very pretty sprinkling πŸ™‚

3. It’s so beautiful all along the coast. We loved the parts we saw.

Can’t wait for spring to get out and explore a bit more before it becomes too crowded.

Challenge nailed, Jude. Your photo perfectly illustrates why you love Cornwall so much.

Thank you Pete. Yes, my favourite parts – the coast and the history. And snow. Yes, it is even snowing down here! I obviously need to persuade the OH that we need to move even further south πŸ˜€

5. Peter Klopp says:

Beautiful photo with a hint of summer fun at the beach for all of us who have to put up with snow and ice! The blue colour must be quite rare under the Cornish sky. Right?

We get quite a few blue sky days and when we do there is no better place in the world. Wouldn’t object to a few more though πŸ˜€

6. pommepal says:

I can see why you love this place so much Jude. I’m sure I would love it too

All it needs is more sunny days, then it would be perfect.

Ah, scene from my childhood!!

8. Beautiful shot. πŸ™‚

Thank you Lynette.

9. Love this place. We went down to explore Wheal Cotes last time we were in Cornwall. Hubby went first and I stayed above because the path looked rather daunting. After a while, my curiosity got the better of me and I scrambled down on my own. Hubby was most surprised when I showed up whilst he was taking photos. Climbing back up was a bit hairy. πŸ˜…πŸ˜³

I have scrambled up that cliff several times and almost on all-fours at times, but I discovered another car park where you can walk up to the mine buildings and a much easier path to the engine house. I must admit the paths leave a lot to be desired.

10. This is a very interesting shot. I like it.