Cornish favourites: Just Back From… Cornwall

Before moving to Cornwall in March 2016 and setting up this new blog that focuses only on the county, we spent several holidays down here, mainly for house hunting purposes and I wrote about places visited on my Travel Words blog. I thought that it might be a good idea to link to those posts so that everything Cornish can be found on this blog, so over the next few months there will be several reblogs featuring those posts. They will all have the title “Cornish favourites” and a map where possible.

Old followers of Travel Words may have read these before, but you might have missed some or even enjoy reading them again.

I had to check, but I did read and comment on that post, in 2013.
    Just as good to see it the second time around though.

I’m not sure whether to reblog the posts or simply redo them, but that means copying all the photos into this blog too.

Probably best to save your allowance. I for one am happy to revisit. x

Thanks Pete.

2. Tish Farrell says:

So glad you re-posted this, Jude. You’ve given us so many reasons to re-visit Cornwall.

This one is not particularly one of my best, but I figured I’d start with the oldest.

3. Tina Schell says:

Great idea Jude! And a New Year treat for all.

4. Elizabeth says:

I appreciate that you are putting them together and easily available.

Well, I could rewrite them I suppose, but I do have other things to do. I might at some point, but for now at least the posts will all be available on this blog.

5. I hadn’t seen this post before – must have been before I was following. Looking forward to seeing more.

You will most likely have seen the more recent ones from 2015.

6. A good idea. It’ll be interesting to see the process of deciding and the reality of the decision. You’re obviously thinking of new blog angles for a new year. Maybe I should too!

As for me I’m just back from my first dip in the sea since before Warsaw. A perfectly calm and semi-warm experience and I submerged before J for the third time in a row (the other ones in the river). Not that I’m competitive!

You won’t get me in the sea any time soon!

1. That’s usually what I say, but it was delicious.

7. Anabel Marsh says:

Seems to be before we connected so I gave new treasures in store!

I think you will have seen the more recent ones which were written before we moved.

1. Anabel Marsh says:

Probably. It’s been at least a couple of years. Still, always good to have another look!

8. Ros says:

I remember that spring. We had a couple of daffodils in the garden in Somerset that had just begun to open early in March. Then the weather turned cold and they stayed like that – as if in suspended animation – for a whole month before deciding that spring proper had come! We also spent a weekend near Minehead in early April and there was snow falling from the sky when we arrived!

Nice to read about your impressions of Cornwall before you lived there. And great pictures, as always!

One bonus was that when we went to the Cotswolds in early June it was full of spring flowers!

9. Dina says:

I’m savouring each and every report from Cornwall right now, Jude. Thanks a lot for reposting, that’s an excellent idea. And as Pete said, better to save the allowance … 🙂