Thursday Special: Survivors

Technically not a great or even a good photo. Captured on the move.

Best foot forward…

But one of two ‘boys’ who almost didn’t make it. Big A who had a 40% chance of surviving an operation this summer and his nephew, Little L who was born 5 weeks early in 2014 and weighed a mere 1.2 kg at birth. A photo I shall treasure for the rest of my life.

Thursday Special | Favourite

I’ve come back to grumble! Not like me 🙂 🙂 It’s snowing heaven’s hard, woman! What have you done to my weather? 😦

1. Dina says:

Send it to us, Jo. We like it. 🙂 It’s raining cats and dogs in Cley. 🙂

It’s not that I have anything against snow- it looks so picturesque and part of me is desperate to get outside with camera but it’s not stopping. And I need to travel to Norfolk 🙂

It is so wild and windy down here Jo, I daren’t step outside! Was woken before 5 am by a tremendous thunder and lightning that lasted over an hour followed by heavy rain. Watching the storm was quite interesting as part of the sky was clear with tons of stars.

I don’t suppose photos were a possibility? At least you had something to take your mind off being awake so early. 🙂 🙂 I’ve just come in from playing in the snow. That Tish has a lot to answer for. 🙂

Sheet lightning so impossible to know where it was coming from, and the camera was down stairs. I did think about it for a brief moment. The darn storm actually woke me up! Looks like your snow will be gone by tomorrow so make the most of it.

That’s the hope. It’s thawing like mad in the garden though we had a good couple of inches. 🙂

Ice is going to be the danger, and / or flooding it seems. No need to say take it easy, but I will (and have 😉 )

3. Dina says:

Oh dear me, safe travels, Jo! We went to Norwich yesterday and the country roads were quite icy in the evening. Now it’s 4° and it has finally stopped pouring down.

Thanks, Dina! We’re not traveling till Sunday so I’m hopeful it’ll clear by then. 🙂

2. Dina says:

Very moving to read the tale to this precious capture, Jude. >3 Wishing you all a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year ahead. 🙂

3. Sue Slaght says:

Truly an absolute treasure. What a year it has been for you Jude. Hoping for much peace in 2018.

Lots of joy with seeing the family this year so some good came out of a tragic event. I can do without the drama though!

1. Sue Slaght says:

Oh my I can only imagine. Hope the drama stays far from you in 2018!

4. Pit says:

All the best for 2018 to you,
    Pit

5. Anabel Marsh says:

Two winners at life there. Lovely photo.

Thanks Anabel. They are both fighters.

6. Paula says:

I had no idea about the Big A, but I am very glad to hear that he is well now. I remember the little guy driving a brand new red car 😀 This is a special share 🙂 Thank you, Jude for your virtual friendship, your smart mind and creativity. Wish you health, peace and lots of love in 2018!

I’m astonished that you remembered L and his red Ferrari Paula. You have a good memory! I enjoy your challenges throughout the year, but I wasn’t going to post anything for this one as I have taken so many photos, but when I looked through them, this stood out for all the reasons I said. I wish you a good year too Paula, with all my heart.

7. Elizabeth says:

That photo certainly captures what matters in life. Thanks for posting it.

8. Suzanne says:

Your photo really gets to the heart of what’s important in life. I’m glad the two boys survived.

As the little one lives in Australia it is rare that my children and grandchildren get together so this was a very special day.

9. Technically stunning photos are wonderful but it’s photos like this one that are to be treasured. I’m sorry you’ve had a rough year, Jude. I hope 2018 brings you calm and ordinariness.

It was an anxious time on both accounts, but both ‘boys’ are fighters. And it was good spending so much time with A whilst he was recuperating. I really missed him when he was well enough to return home.

10. A happy ending for everyone, Jude. Hopefully 2018 will have fewer of those sort of events and more wonderful ones. Best wishes to you all.

And you Carol. I must say I prefer my years to be less traumatic 🙂