Fab colours πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I’m sure there’s a nursery rhyme about those birdies but I can’t recall it,

Well that’s a fat lot of good! Are you covered in snow ❄ now?

Well, slushy stuff… 😦 For a little while it was glossy white. πŸ™‚ I tried to get some photos in the marina, in between our Christmas lunch. The sky is leaden again now. It will freeze and be miserable in the morning, I expect. Nice dinner though πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

2. Those wires are pretty crowded, and the colour and clouds stunning

I find it quite amusing watching them jostle for a position.

1. Just discovered Australian birds are most aggressive in world. A whole book to read to tell me why!

Forget the book and just accept the fact πŸ™‚

2. Can’t! I’d miss out on so much wonder

3. Terrific colours. πŸ™‚

I was very pleased with this one. You never know what the evening light will be like.

4. BeckyB says:

They look too plump to be starlings or are they bushed up in the cold?

I think they are starlings, but can’t be sure as I only see them in flight or in silhouette. A whole bunch came into the garden recently and they were starlings. Last year we had flocks of fieldfares, but not sure they have arrived yet.

1. BeckyB says:

oh MrB will be so envious of you and the Field Fares. When I first moved to Winchester they occasionally came into the garden, now we never see them and rarely see Starlings 😦

5. Dina says:

Birds on the wire always puts a smile on my face. πŸ™‚
    The overland lines are not always a nuisance. πŸ™‚ Lovely shot and great light, Jude.
    Sending you warm greetings from Norway,
    Dina & co x

Thank you Dina. I imagine it is pretty chilly over there. Keep warm 😘

Where did they sit before those lines, I wonder? Very nice, Jude.

On the hedges. They still do and it is quite a sight.

7. pommepal says:

Lovely colours. Any idea what the birds are?

Starlings or possibly fieldfares. Hard to get a good look at them!

8. Love this shot and the golden glow!

We were out in the lane so looking at the sun setting from a different angle, there is often a yellow slice at the bottom and this is what was seen in this shot.

A bit wild and windy today and nothing like that sort of light, but I remain hopeful that there will be more πŸ™‚

1. Here this morning, on the first day of summer, it’s foggy, raining, humid…so your photo was very welcome.

Remove the fog and humid… replace with chilly and wind πŸ™‚

Indeed. I have discovered that our ‘new’ home is not very well insulated!

3. Oh dear. 😨 The rain and fog didn’t last long here and it ended up being sunny and 26Β°. 😎

Sunny and 6 degrees here πŸ˜€

5. 20Β° difference. I’m happy to be warmer. 🌞

I bet you are especially as here with a wind chill factor which severely affects that 6 degrees!

7. Brrrr. I love my summer days.

9. Arkenaten says:

The term Bird on a Wire always reminds me of Leonard Cohen.
    Here’s someone from your neck of the woods, you might like.. Sally …. https://mybeautfulthings.com/about/

Beautiful down here in Jo’burg today Sunny and warn with not a …. you know the rest!

Ah, yes, dear Lenny. I posted a ‘bird on the wire’ especially for him on his death. Thanks for the link, I shall have a browse on her site. And it is lovely and sunny here today (we’ll not talk about the bitterly cold wind… ) πŸ˜€

1. Arkenaten says:

Well, work’s done and it’s 20:00. We had a heavy downpour including hail for over an hour this afternoon. Temp. dropped through the floor!

We’ve had a lot of hail this week too πŸ˜€