Unusual indeed and even more so, as the clocks are actually telling the same time! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I wonder if it was always painted red, or is the colour associated with the bank?

Apparently Barclays bank, but now closed and it is the town museum. I need to go back and have another look.

Sprocketed, Jude?

I think that refers to the ridges on the roof.

3. Anabel Marsh says:

Unusual, yes, and interesting. Not sure I like it though. It makes me think of a fairytale witchโ€™s house!

Was the fire brigade’s head quarters at one time and also housed the town gaol.

4. Lucid Gypsy says:

Very handsome and unusual. Banks are closing in many places, good to know a small town is keeping one.

I was wrong Gilly. It is no longer a bank, but the town museum. As you said, not many branches of banks open nowadays, although I think there is an ATM here and also a Post Office.

5. A dignified building – but the colours seem odd to me. My reaction was the same as Anabelโ€™s.

Agreed. A funny shade of red, but maybe it harks back to when it was the area’s fire brigade headquarters. It looks less imposing from this view: http://www.marazion.info/marazion-museum/

6. pommepal says:

Yes unusual Jude and I think the red maybe a left over from its fire brigade days. I like your angle, it is more interesting than the one in the link.

7. It looks remarkably similar in style to the Clocktower at the V & A Waterfront – which is also post box red ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, the roof and clock part do look similar.

8. Lignum Draco says:

Interesting colour palette in use. I looked at the website. It seems to be a museum with an eclectic purpose.

Maybe I’ll have a look inside next summer.

9. Joanne Sisco says:

So much to like about this one. It hits all the right buttons ๐Ÿ™‚

It looks quite feisty. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t beat a clock tower with character.

It certainly draws attention to itself.