ship-shape

This unusual combination of cables and cranes is used for wakeboarding I believe. Wakeboarding is a surface water sport which involves riding a wakeboard over the surface of a body of water. (Like water-skiing, but using a rectangular shaped board). Usually pulled by a motor-boat, here on Siblyback Lake on Bodmin Moor there is a closed-course cable system. Sadly no-one was having a go on this day.

Black and White Sunday | Shape

1. Wonderful reflections. Are you going to have a go?

Me and water? Definitely not.

I had never heard of this water-sport before. I think it’s a shame that they have to erect all that paraperhnalia, and spoil the view! 🙂
    Best wishes, Pete.

There are so many different water sports now. All we had was swimming (and no wetsuits), body boarding (with no boards) and water-skiing if you were rich enough. Oh, and of course rowing boats.

3. Interesting shapes and reflections in B&W, Jude. It would have been fun to watch the wakeboarding in action!

Yes it would. But there wasn’t much action on the water that day.

4. Paula says:

Excellent capture with a great reflection. I think it looks great in black and white. A very original take 🙂 Thank you very much. Jude.

Lots of triangular shapes in the photo, which is why I chose it for your challenge.

5. Anabel Marsh says:

I had never heard of wake boarding until last week when we walked past a water sports centre where it was happening. There was no boat there either, it was all done with pulleys. Like you, I will not be trying it!

6. Su Leslie says:

Love the lines in this shot Jude. I’ve watched wake-boarding here, but always with the rider towed by a boat/ I didn’t know there were courses set up with pulleys and gadgets and things. But then, I’m so old-school. Swimming and a bit of body-surfing for me.

The pulleys look ugly, but I suppose it is safer than dozens of motor boats polluting the lake.

7. Lucid Gypsy says:

I’d still drown, be fun to watch though!