1. Su Leslie says:

That’s my sort of beach weather!

You prefer it stormy?

1. Su Leslie says:

If it keeps the crowds away πŸ™‚

Haha… yes, I see what you mean πŸ™‚

2. I love the look of it too. Mind you, I’d need to be caught in it, rather than venturing out in it. Colours and rocks are wonderful.

We were a bit bonkers really as it started to rain as we left the car park, but having got so far we figured “what the heck…” Steep cliff and steps and my thighs were aching the following day, but even though we got soaked it was fun in a strange way.

The rocks here are that gorgeous serpentine green and red stuff – looked so gorgeous in the wet, but I daren’t take the camera out to shoot any.

3. Hahaha thats so funny!! It’s beautiful though, grey skies and the sea is my favourite and most calming type of weather ❀

Grey skies are OKish, but drenching cold rain is another story… πŸ™‚

1. Hahaha very true!!!!

4. It still looks like a dramatic landscape – even in the rain, and look at the lovely colour of the sea.

I wanted to show the boy the lovely colour of the water there. We tried a few weeks ago but had to turn back as the traffic was so bad. We will have to have another attempt on a better day. Bit breezy here to be near a cliff today.

1. Gulp – breezy day and cliff edge doesn’t conjure up a happy picture…

No. It was slightly alarming yesterday, I could even feel the camera shaking!

Can’t beat a bit of mizzle! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Makes for a wonderfully atmospheric shot, Jude.
    It rained overnight here but it’s more or less sunny this morning. My walking group is starting back up again so I’m hopeful. And how about a certain, Spanish tennis player? πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I take it from that comment he won! He’s on a roll this year πŸ™‚
      Sunny here, but very blowy, no cliffs today! Might pop into St Ives as haven’t been there since July.

In 3! He was stupendous πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Have a coffee for me!

Would you believe it St Ives is still packed! After three car parks we went to our favorite beach instead, but parked in a different place. Got some geology for Meg πŸ˜‹

That’s what you get for living near a tourist hotspot! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ It’s still Summer down there, isn’t it? It was actually very pleasant here today. I had another layer on this morning but managed to sit in the garden for a bit this afternoon. When I felt energetic and started dead heading the roses I noticed black spot on some of the leaves so I did a hatchet job.

You’d be blown away in my garden today!

I always wanted to be Mary Poppins πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Come here and you can fulfil your wish!

Got the brolly ready!

6. Chillbrook says:

Always sunny.. Not! πŸ˜€ Nice shot Jude. I’m looking out on a small harbour under clear blue skies with blue checkered tablecloths covering the harbour side restaurant tables, a few people enjoying breakfast and I have to say, I’m happy to be here. πŸ™‚

Ah, if only we had that sort of weather here…

Ah, lovely! Who needs sunshine for an atmospheric shot? This place brings back memories, and didn’t Puff the Magic Dragon live at Kynance??!

Really? That was one song that made me very sad.

No Oo! I got it wrong, it wasn’t the song, it was a kid’s book….perhaps he was Green Smoke…. Anyway, ga zillions of years ago, I don’t remember

I got the impression years later that the song wasn’t about a real dragon, but drugs! Of course as a child I knew nothing about all that.

Oh, the song would have been about drugs, just as Stairway to Heaven was

I loved that song too!! But I was a bit less naive in those days…

Oh, I was pretty naive for a long time!

Kynance has lots of lovely caves so it would be a great place for a dragon.

Just looked it up, and it’s Green Smoke, by Rosemary Manning! Goodness, why do I remember such things?!

Don’t know that book. But I do remember the oddest and usually useless things!

Oh, my head’s stuffed with uSeless things!!

8. Argh, that’s WET down there for sure!

Luckily there is a cafe where we could shelter while having a coffee, but got drenched climbing back up the cliffs ☺

1. Argh, never fun. That happened to me in Rabat and the only pair of takkies I had packed stayed wet for days afterwards. In the coldest Moroccan winter in a decade just to add salt to the wounds (pun intended).

And my raincoat wasn’t a heap of use either!

2. Ugh 😦 Neither was the umbrella I had no choice but to buy in the market for 100 Dirhams. It barely kept my backpack and camera dry. Lesson learned the hard way! The first thing I did when I got home was buy a travel raincoat for future trips lol

Yes, I think I need to invest in a sailing jacket or something if I want to venture out in the rain! And waterproof trousers – then I shall look totally silly!

4. Rather a little silly than very very wet :-0

9. It does not matter what the weather you are having your photos are beautiful! I love the subject matter! This comes from someone in downtown Aurora ON Canada where the sea is only in imagination!

Thank you for your comment, that’s very sweet of you. I must admit I like living this close to the coast.

10. Ouch, you certainly got wet on this outing, Jude! I don’t usually like going out on photo walks when it’s raining; I understand perfectly why you would post only sunny day pictures. But I don’t for a minute imagine it’s always sunny in Cornwall. πŸ™‚

We certainly get our fair share of ‘weather’ down here, but when the sun shines it is so beautiful. I don’t particularly like getting wet, but as we were already on the path down to the beach it seemed daft not to continue. A nice hot bath later and a mug of hot chocolate and all was well again!