Porthleven Harbour

A bright and sunny day with fabulous cumulus clouds took us to Porthleven because a) we became stuck in a traffic jam heading to Lizard Point and b) the car park at Poldhu Cove was totally full. Although the village was busy there was still plenty of room outside along the harbour for lunch at The Harbour Inn. A short walk after lunch along the sheltered harbour to the pier (last seen in February with waves breaking over it) and a quick frolic in the rock pools before heading home.

1. Su Leslie says:

Beautiful way to spend the day.

We had a nice lunch outside – why is it that eating outside is so much nicer? Then a little walk before having to head home for the district nurse visit! Getting back to normal now thank goodness.

Unless a wasp hides under your plate 😦

Ah, yes, that can be an issue. You OK now?

Apart from a spastic back! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I seem to be disintegrating before my very eyes… I’m ok if I walk about a bit but if I sit down I struggle to get up again. And no- not just laziness πŸ™‚ Thanks for asking!

My joints are playing havoc this week too. I am very stiff when I get up – ankle and knee in particular. Also got a spectacular blister yesterday!

Tee hee! We’d better get matching zimmers πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Maybe one of your delightful yarn bombers can decorate them for us!

2. Su Leslie says:

I think of eating outside as a rare treat, requiring exactly the right sort of weather. Neither too hot nor too cold and definitely not windy. To get that combination of factors, when I’m hungry and there is somewhere nice to sit — that feels a bit special. Glad things are getting back to normal. πŸ™‚

How true! I wanted the parasol up for shade, the rest of the family wanted it down for the sun!! No wind and no seagulls is good too!!

A much better option that struggling in traffic to get to the Lizard. The holiday season is a drawback for those of us who live in popular tourist destinations, but we will soon have them to ourselves again.

Indeed. Even yesterday which was a glorious day, the traffic seemed much quieter than last week. Maybe most people with children aim for the beginning of the month hoping the weather will be better then.

3. Dina says:

A beautiful, vibrant image of Porthleven. I can imagine Cornwall is very busy all over with the tourists at the moment. In some parts of Europe summer is over, the days are getting shorter and autumn is knocking, school has started, but now the other tourists are coming along the UK holidaymakers. Cley and Blakeney all the little villages are very busy at the moment, completely booked out.
    Have a lovely day, Jude. Hugs to you from all of us! x πŸ™‚

Lovely image!

I was quite pleased with the way this turned out. Those clouds were amazing.

The clouds certainlΕ· aresomething!

My kind of place! It’s a lovely image, Jude. And a good pub, you say? πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Those clouds look a bit like there’s a puffing Billy behind the houses.

It is a lovely little village. We were almost there again yesterday, did a 5 mile walk through Penrose Park and along the coastal path. It is a nice area with lots of good eating places including a Rick Stein which is actually quite good!

Can I afford RICK STEIN? πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Winter discount?

Oh, yeah! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Afterthought- that lad of yours is getting you fit again πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Wearing me out more like Jo!!

Pasties are good! Nice coffee shop here too.

6. Elizabeth says:

What are the rock pools? Thanks.

Rock pools are pools of water left by the outgoing tide, often with crabs, fish or sea anemones left behind. I haven’t shown any in this photo, but I do have some to come!

1. Elizabeth says:

Ah. Tide pools. I spent hours in them as a child and with my children.

I never realised we used different words for the pools. I just assumed everyone said ‘rockpool’
          Tide pools makes a lot of sense.

7. No zimmers. I recommend speedy recovery instead for you both. Good to know your son is walking. What a feast of details, texture and colour. And those clouds are magnificent.

Thanks Meg. The clouds really caught my eye that day and I love the way the clouds and the pier lead your eye towards that interesting (not a church) building.

8. Lucid Gypsy says:

Nice composition and just the right clouds to make it special.

I noticed the clouds first as I was eating lunch, then decided to walk to the end of the pier to see what I could get. I do rather like this one. Thanks Gilly πŸ™‚