1. You have an obsessive relationship with that Alice! But isn’t she a delight for the eye. And what a view through a back gate. Over my fence I see a concrete slab, but I do have to peer through my protective foliage.

I know! But there are so many textures in this view with the grass, the rocks, the hedgerows, the fencing and the telegraph poles plus the sheep just happened to look up at the exact time I pressed the shutter. Lovely in colour too 🙂

2. Tish Farrell says:

What a view, and I like the mood you have captured here too – only the very faintest strain of nostalgia perhaps – with the patches of light on the further hills.

Hard to believe that a hundred or so years ago this area would have been teeming with mine workers and all the associated noise.

1. Tish Farrell says:

Yes, fumes, dirt, and hard lives. In the past our scenic little High Street would have had clay pipe kiln, and the place doused in dust from the limestone quarries – to say nothing of the filthy fumes from lime burning kilns all around the town.

3. Paula says:

This is so picturesque. It would be surprising if you hadn’t made a click. It looks spiffing in monochrome composition, but I look forward to seeing it in colour too. Thank you, Jude!

There is sort of a colour version on my previous post (monthly challenge), but I will upload another one soon 🙂

Fabulous view, Jude! I never tire of engine house ruins……

Looks rather interesting in black and white. Using the Nik software now, very useful!

It’s great, IMO

I can well understand why you moved there. My view is of the back garden of another house, in the close behind us. I doubt you will ever tire of seeing this from your gate.

Yes, it is the main attraction of this place – the view sold the house to us. And only a short walk along the lane we get a sea view along Hayle and Gwithian beaches and the Godrevy lighthouse.

6. I wish we had a view like that through the fence around our yard. I see in your reply to the previous comment that the view sold the house to you. That’s understandable.

7. Lucid Gypsy says:

Trink hill? is that the same as Trencome hill?

No. We live between Trencrom and Trink. Trink is where the dairy herd live 🙂

8. Gorgeous view, Jude. You made a great move. 👍

Obsession or not, that’s an enviable view, Jude, and it looks great in black and white too. 🙂