Spam, spam, beautiful spam

Spam and eggs, spam and bacon, spam and eggs and spam, spam and spam and spam… where it all began (and apologies to Monty Python fans)

Edit: 01 Feb 2017

Hopefully the problem has been resolved by the Happiness Engineers at Akismet – however if you do find a comment from me in your Spam comment folder, please let me know especially if it has only been in there since 28 Jan.

Edit: 28 Jan 2017

It has started to happen again! Comments on sites that I regularly visit are disappearing – Elaine, Liz (Nature on the Edge), Paula and even Gilly!

If you do find me lurking in the cold confinement of the comment spam folder and release me, you also then need to approve the comment as I will then end up ‘pending’. Not sure why this is happening again, but it is most annoying…

Just a quick note to let people know that for some reason once again my comments on your blogs are probably going into your spam folders.

I’ve been unable to post comments on other blogs. I enter a comment, then click the “post comment” button… and nothing happens. I am back to the top of the post, and when I scroll down, my comment is not showing. I apologise to those bloggers whose posts I often comment on – I am not ignoring you!

This started to happen when I changed my primary blog association from the ‘earth laughs in flowers’ to this one. I have reported the issue to Akismet so hopefully it will be resolved soon. In the meantime I would be grateful if you could check your spam folders and please release me if I am found to be held prisoner.

pa170081
Lost, like me!

1. Pit says:

My experience: in some blogs I can’t comment using either Firefox or Chrome, but only with MS IE. I have no idea why.

It’s only started to happen recently Pit and on blogs I often comment on using Chrome. Mindst you our wifi has been a total pain lately too… technology eh!

1. Pit says:

P.S.: In some blogs I can’t use the “like” button in either Firefox or Chrome, but only in MS IE. It seems to have something to do with how those blogs “react” to my personal browser settings, but I don’t know which settings.

And I even found you in one of my spam comment folders! Duly rescued 🙂

2. Lynn says:

Thankfully you are not showing up in my spam folder Jude😉

perhaps I should attempt a comment on your site – it has only been happening recently.

3. This notify came to my inbox. I love your image, if not your dilemma. An absolute pain to comment without record!

Seems OK today, but check your spam folders in WP (not email) and see if I am lurking (you need to view comments)

No problems with my blog and your comments so far, Jude. I did follow from the start, so that might have helped?
    There’s always a single ‘something’ on a beach. A shoe, odd sock, flip-flop, etc. Made for a good image.

5. Joanne Sisco says:

{gasp} I found you lurking in my spam folder!!

You’ve now been rescued. I hope you weren’t too cold and hungry locked in there. Here – have a cookie 🙂

Thank you. I remember your cookies 😀

1. Joanne Sisco says:

No. I must resist the urge to do a month of cookies again … no.

I shall see if you are in Spam, Jude, but I think I have been getting comments from you….not that I have posted much this month!

7. I have checked my spam, and you weren’t languishing there (although another couple of bloggers were!). Ah, Monty Python – that brought back some memories. 🙂

Having a party without me no doubt 😀

8. jennypellett says:

Just off to check now. Surely not another Spamgate!

Hopefully not…

Sadly you’re coming over loud and clear and definitely not spam 🙂 It would be temting to keep you captive for a day or 3. Tee hee 🙂 Off out to supper. Catch you tomorrow… maybe 🙂

[sulk…] I know who my friends are.

I’m glad you have some xx