Trencrom Hill: home again

Arriving home from almost a month away it was obviously going to be the first thing we would do once the sun shone. The walk up our local hill. For once it wasn’t even windy on top, now that’s a first! The cerulean sky was dotted with puffy white cumulus clouds contrasting with the superb rusty-brown bracken and flecks of golden gorse.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This view never gets boring

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Late blackberries were still ripening in the lane, the red and black glistening jewels punctuating the greenness; buzzards mewed overhead. Otherwise. Silence.

Sitting at the top of the hill, with butterflies dancing in the light breeze it was just the usual breath-taking views; the peace; the stillness; the pleasure of taking a deep breath and letting it s-l-o-w-l-y out…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After days of driving along some of Britain’s busiest motorways and A roads I could feel myself relaxing once more and wondering whether I really need to leave this place again.

Wheal Alice
Wheal Alice

Daily Post Photo Challenge | local

You do reside in the most lovely countryside, Jude!

When you are up there Sue you can forget about the noisy cows, though I must admit I don’t notice them so much now.

Excellent!

2. These photographs are absolutely beautiful, just wow!

Thank you, though it is hard to take a bad photo with such incredible scenery 🙂

3. orourke2014 says:

Gorgeous scenery and sense of place. I retired along a similar coastal area of northern California after a lifetime of work related travel. Looks like we both lucked out.

Indeed we did 🙂

4. What beautiful country!

5. Homecoming is such a pleasure. You’ve made here your home very quickly, and this is a wonderful place of frequent pilgrimage. You write about it poetically and heartfeltly. I won’t ever tire of this hill either.

6. jennypellett says:

You couldn’t possibly tire of this scenery – lucky you!

7. So pretty, just like it was when we were there. All our days were just like this. It was wonderful.

You were lucky, but we get more fog and cloud right down here.

1. The day we went to Land’s End it was beautiful until we got to Breage and suddenly it was foggy. It cleared away again, but not until after we had stopped to take photos of St Michael’s Mount.

Yes, sometimes there will be fog on one coast and sun on the other. And when the sun shines it is glorious 🙂 So what did you think of Land’s End then?

2. Land’s End was a little disappointing. The scenery was wonderful but we were dismayed to find that we could get in free but the car cost 6 pounds! Convert that to Australian dollars…$11. And it was all very commercialised and tacky. We ignored all that and just looked at the scenery, except for the Shaun the Sheep display. That was really good. Very interesting to see all the behind the scenes and read the history behind Aardman. We are Shaun fans so we did enjoy seeing all that.

I haven’t been since 1991 when I took 3 of my children there, and although commercialised we did actually enjoy the film about The Lost Land of Lyonnesse – we came out of the exhibition to witness an incredible thunderstorm – lightning too! It was very dramatic. I don’t know if that is still running though.

4. We didn’t see that film. It was like a mini theme park. We preferred Lizard.

Ah, yes, the Lizard is very much untouched.

6. It was so beautiful and we had a wonderful sunny day so our photos are fantastic. 😀

And when are you going to post about your UK trip? Or have I missed them?

8. I have a big list of posts but I haven’t started work on them yet. It’s taking me a while to get back into the routine.

I know the feeling. Single photo posts are easy, the longer ones take time and thought. And you are in your spring too so wanting to be outdoors I imagine.

10. In the two weeks we’ve been home we’ve had my mother’s 80th birthday party, a weekend away and this coming weekend we have a family wedding. We got home Saturday and I went back to work Tuesday. I feel like I hit the ground running. Hopefully after this weekend it will be less busy.

Phew! No wonder you haven’t time for WP 🙂

12. I’ve just finished choosing some photos for my first post but now it’s time to get ready to go to work. Darn work, it really gets in the way!

Maybe we need to have a look. We can, I believe, get free parking as a resident of Cornwall.

8. KerryCan says:

I don’t think I’ve taken this exact walk but I’ve taken others that have some of the same wonderful features–I do love your Cornwall!

9. Lucid Gypsy says:

Lovely photos o wise woman of Trencrom!

Thank you Gilly – a lovely landscape helps 🙂

You had some wonderful weather to lift those photos, Jude. I know what you mean about driving a lot, and returning home to the routine of peace and quiet too.
    Regards as always, Pete. x

Apart from the day I arrived back and the following day, which were wet and foggy, it has been rather lovely this last fortnight – calm, sunny, though getting cooler, with just a few showers this weekend. Of course you will be experiencing that easterly wind more.