But when it is a blue sky day…

I don’t think I will ever tire of this view. The colours of Cornwall evident in the harbour and island. White cottages, orange lichen on the roofs, pale golden sand, and layers and layers of blues.

harbour-2

Where the turquoise water invites you to take off your shoes and dip your toes into the sea as the water slowly retreats.

harbour

The fog did finally lift and so we ventured into our nearest town to do the usual chores; library, butcher etc. stopping off to have a fish ‘n chip lunch followed by a paddle in the crystal clear waters around on Porthgwidden beach. A tiny ‘Blue Flag’ beautiful protected beach nestled between the islands grassy knoll and a rocky headland on the tip of the harbour.

porthgwidden-beach

And if all this walking is too tiring then you can hire a deckchair and just take in the view.

deckchairs

1. Oh Jude, how beautiful is this landscape. I am so looking forward to visiting this area in September. I hope the weather is kind to us then so my photos are as wonderful as yours.

Let’s hope so!

We were at Hunstanton yesterday. Huge beach, big skies, and a breezy, cloudy day. Doesn’t compare to your little paradise though, Jude.
    Regards as always, Pete. x

Ah, but there is something to be said for those big Norfolk skies.

3. pommepal says:

These photos are like a tourist brochure they are SO inviting. I’d love to pop over, pity it is so far away, but I can enjoy it in your posts. Thank you for sharing.

You have your own beautiful coast and I am more than a little envious of it! It is nice to have the coast nearby again, and this is a very pretty area.

4. Chillbrook says:

Nowhere better when the sun shines! 🙂

That’s very true.

5. joannesisco says:

That first photo shows just a perfect little postcard seaside town. Beautiful!

I rather think St Ives is. Horribly overcrowded in the school holidays, but the rest of the year, pretty perfect 🙂