A blustery day in St Ives

Photos taken yesterday (Saturday 9th April 2016) on a short shopping trip to St Ives with lunch at the Porthmeor Café on the beach 🙂

Harbour from above
Harbour from above
St Ives (8)
Smeaton’s Pier
Smeaton's Pier
Smeaton’s Pier

And yes, I did come home with a couple of bunches of daffodils – the white ones smell delicious!

So, now you are really there! I am envious of the coast and sea, even though I don’t have far to go to see it. You seem to have escaped some heavy weather that hit the south-west yesterday, and got that ideal ‘western light’ for your photos.
    Regards as always, Pete. x

We didn’t escape the storm yesterday evening! Flooded the conservatory from the roof somehow!

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. It looked quite bad on the TV news down there. The joys of home ownership…

Oh, yes. We are having a few teething problems… but I am sure all will be well eventually!

2. Sherri says:

Beautiful as I expected…as Jenny said, love the light. Oh I need to get down there…this summer 😉

3. I am so excited about visiting Cornwall again in September. Your photos are beautiful and I can’t wait to go to all these stunning places.

September will be lovely.

4. I couldn’t see any pirates but did you have a pastie for lunch?

Not on this day, but we have had a few pasties already. They are not very good for the waist though 😉

5. How wonderful to live so close to that amazing beach, Jude. So many photo opportunities. 🙂 Love the lighthouse.

We’ll get closer to the lighthouse once the weather improves.

6. Suzy Barker says:

Aahh – beautiful St Ives. Gorgeous photos.

There will be more I promise you!